Janani Suraksha Yojana has been started to work for the safety and improvement of newborn babies and pregnant women in the country and to benefit the families living below the poverty line.
The scheme focuses on poor pregnant women, providing a special dispensation for states with low institutional delivery rates.
Today through this post we will tell you what is Janani Suraksha Yojana? What are its benefits? What are its features? And how to apply for it? Information etc. has been shared.
Also its purpose, benefits, features, eligibility, important documents, application status etc.
So friends, if you want to get all the important information related to Janani Suraksha Yojana 2023, then you should read our article till the end.
What is the objective of Janani Suraksha Yojana?
Women living below the poverty line are not able to meet their health needs during pregnancy, nor are they able to meet their economic needs for security.
Besides, hospital facilities are also not complete in rural areas, which is a big reason for the safety of pregnant women. Therefore, this scheme has been brought to fulfill these facilities.
To provide medical facilities and financial assistance to pregnant women through this JSY 2023 . Through this scheme, the government will not only reduce maternal mortality but will also reduce child deaths.
With this, even poor women can get safe delivery in the hospital so that the mother and child can avoid emergency situations and be safe.
What are the features and benefits of Janani Surakasha Yojana 2023?
- The scheme mainly aims to provide security to pregnant women living in low performing states by providing cash assistance.
- JSY is a 100% centrally sponsored scheme and integrates cash assistance.
- The scheme has identified ASHA and Mother as recognized social health workers. It connects pregnant women to the government.
- Pregnant women who give birth at home with the help of Anganwadi or ASHA doctors. These candidates receive an amount of Rs 500.
- After the delivery of the child, free vaccination is also given along with sending information about the child’s vaccination for five years.
- All women who register under Janani Suraksha Yojana 2023 are given at least two ante-natal check-ups, absolutely free of cost.
- Apart from this, ASHA and Anganwadi workers will also be supported in the post-delivery period with related services.
- ASHA Package Rs.600 in rural areas which includes Rs.300 for ANC component and Rs.300 for facilitating institutional delivery.
- ASHA Package: Rs.400 in urban areas which includes Rs.200 for ANC component and Rs.200 for facilitating institutional delivery.
How to get benefit of Janani Suraksha Yojana
If you know all the information about the scheme, then you need to apply to get its benefits.
If the woman delivers in a district, rural or urban government health centre, she directly gets benefits under the scheme.
Before registering, you can know the information about eligibility and required documents in the section below.
Still, if you have not received the benefit of the scheme, then you can apply for it in your nearest Anganwadi.
Documents required for Janani Suraksha Yojana
If you want to get benefits through JSY, then you must have these documents.
- Aadhaar card of the applicant
- Ration card
- ANC card
- address proof
- Address proof
- Janani Suraksha Card
- Delivery certificate issued by government hospital
- bank account passbook
- mobile number
- passport size photo