As of 2023, the Kalia Yojana was started by the state government of Odisha for the benefit of the state’s small and medium farmers. We’ll discuss the key components of the plan in this piece today. We shall discuss the characteristics, benefits, and eligibility requirements of the Odisha Kalia Yojana in this article. We have also discussed a step-by-step procedure in this post that will allow you to sign up for the program for the year 2023.
Odisha Kalia Yojana 2023
To help all the farmers in the state of Odisha, the concerned Odisha government launched the Kalia Yojana. Numerous advantages, including an incentive of Rs. 5000, were made accessible to the farmers through the execution of the scheme. The government would give farmers who are listed on the Odisha Kalia Yojana Beneficially List financial aid. Farmers who didn’t have access to their lands received separate benefits. The program gave the farmers in Odisha a sense of community and enabled them to carry out their tasks without worry.
Kalia Yojana Objective
Since most farmers in our nation are dissatisfied with the amount of revenue they were able to create, the Kalia Yojana’s primary goal is to help the farmers of the state of Odisha. Additionally, it’s likely that the cash earned is insufficient to meet all of their needs and wants, let alone pay for their children’s education. As a result, the Kalia Yojana will assist all farmers in meeting their needs and wants and in obtaining loans for a variety of reasons, including their children’s education.
Life Insurance for Cultivators & Landless Agricultural Laborers
Farmers will pay an annual fee of Rs. 330 to receive life insurance coverage of Rs. 2 lakh. Every person with a savings bank account who is between the ages of 18 and 50 will receive insurance coverage. The Government of Odisha will contribute Rs. 165/- annually from this premium. Farmers would receive personal accident coverage at Rs. 2 lakh in addition to life insurance. For all holders of savings bank accounts between the ages of 18 and 50, the accident insurance cost is Rs. 12/-. The government will pay Rs. 6 of that amount. The government of Odisha would pay an accident cover premium of Rs. 12 for those appellants whose ages range from 51 to 70.
Interest-Free Crop Loan
Gram Panchayats identified vulnerable landless laborers, cultivators, sharecroppers, and agricultural families who will get crop loans up to Rs.50000/- on zero percent interest.
Kalia Yojana Features
The farmers of Odisha received numerous advantages, such as:
- The farmers will receive an incentive of Rs. 5000.
- The beneficiaries received a total payment of Rs. 25,000.
- The beneficiaries’ bank accounts received the funds right away.
- The annual income of the landless farmers was Rs.12,500.
- The recipients are given access to a Rs. 2 lakh life insurance policy with a Rs. 330 premium payment.
- Additionally, each beneficiary will receive accidental coverage of Rs. 2 lakhs for a Rs. 12 premium.
Kalia Yojana Eligibility Criteria
The applicants must adhere to the eligibility requirements listed below in order to be eligible for the Kalia Yojana:-
- The candidate must reside in Odisha state permanently.
- The applicant must fall under the small or marginal category.
- The applicant must fall within the BPL classification.
- Farmer applicants for the KALIA Yojana will not be accepted if they come under the tax payment system.
- The farmer is not eligible if they are employed by the federal, state, or local governments, or if they are connected to any PSU department.
- The candidate needs to have an active bank account.
Kalia Yojana Important Documents
The following documents require with the application form:-
- Aadhaar Card
- Address Proof
- Bank Account Details
- Residential Address Details
- Mobile Number