Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman delivered the budget speech for India in 2023, during which numerous significant announcements were made. A welfare program for the Vishwakarma community was also revealed in the same statement as being launched by the government. This program, known by the government as the PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana, will cover roughly 140 castes belonging to the Vishwakarma group. After all, this article will explain what is unique about this system and what the government is aiming for with it. On this page, we’ll learn “What is the PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana” and “How to Apply in the PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana.”
What is PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced the beginning of Pradhan Mantri Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana, also known as PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana, during the Budget 2023–24. This plan will be advantageous to a sizable portion of the Vishwakarma community. The plan bears the name of Lord Vishwakarma. There are around 140 castes that belong to the Vishwakarma community, and they are spread out across India. In accordance with the plan, members of this community will have the chance to develop their abilities, receive aid in learning technology, and receive financial support from the government. A financial aid program for traditional artisan and craft cars has been announced as part of the scheme in the Central Budget.
PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana Objective
Regardless of the artisan’s field, the government maintains that skill is a requirement. The majority of the time, artisans do not have the right training, and those with expertise frequently lack the necessary funds. They are unable to support themselves in this circumstance or take part in society’s advancement. The government launched the Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana in response to this. Since they will receive the essential skills under this program, and those without means will also receive financial aid from the government. People from the Vishwakarma community will become economically powerful and contribute to the advancement of society and the nation in this way after receiving training and financial aid.
Benefits and Key Features in PM VishwakarmaKaushal Samman Yojana
- This program will help the Vishwakarma castes, such as Badhel, Badhagar, Bagga, Vidhani, Bhardwaj, Lohar, Carpenter, and Panchal, among others.
- As part of the program, craftsmen will receive training specific to their line of work, and those who wish to start their own business will also receive financial support from the government.
- This plan will result in a higher employment rate and a lower unemployment rate for members of the Vishwakarma community.
- The Vishwakarma community’s economic situation will quickly improve as a result of gaining training and funding through the program.
- The program will be beneficial to a sizable portion of the nation’s Vishwakarma population.
- Linking them to the MSME value chain is the major goal of the financial aid package announced under the program.
- According to Sitharaman ji, national and international banks would connect hand-crafters with them through bank promotions.
PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana Loan of Rs 2 lakh at 5% interest
Under this scheme, loans up to Rs 2 lakh are being given to the beneficiary workers at 5% interest rate. And also they will be given an allowance of Rs 500 every month along with training.
Eligibility in PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana
- In this scheme, 140 castes falling under Vishwakarma community will be eligible to apply.
- People should have important documents available to apply for the scheme.
- Only Indian residents will be able to apply in the scheme.
Documents in PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana
- Photocopy of Aadhar Card
- Photo copy of PAN card
- domicile certificate
- caste certificate
- phone number
- email id
- Passport size color photograph