The Ayushman Bharat program was introduced by the honorable prime minister Narendra Modi to offer health insurance to all economically vulnerable sectors. The Ayushman Bharat program did not cover the beneficiaries of Jammu and Kashmir. The Prime Minister is going to introduce this Scheme in 2023 for those people. We will provide you with detailed information about the Program through this page, including what the Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Program is. its goals, advantages, traits, requirements, needed paperwork, application process, etc. So, if you’re interested in learning every little detail about this Scheme, be sure to read this post all the way through.
SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme 2023
The Ayushman Jan Arogya Yojana has provided coverage to almost 6 lakh families in Jammu and Kashmir. The SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme will now provide coverage to the approximately 21 lakh families in Jammu and Kashmir who were not included in the Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Jan Arogya Yojana. The Ayushman Jan Arogya Yojana is connected to this health insurance program. The most significant aspect of this program is that all Jammu and Kashmir residents, regardless of their financial situation, will be covered by the SEHAT Health Insurance Program. In accordance with this program, the government will cover the cost of the citizen’s medical care up to Rs. 5 lakh. 229 government institutions and 35 private hospitals in Jammu and Kashmir have enrolled to participate in the SEHAT Health Scheme and will offer program benefits.
Objective Of SEHAT Health Scheme
The primary goal of the Scheme is to offer eligible citizens of Jammu and Kashmir health coverage up to Rs 500000. By successfully implementing this program, Jammu and Kashmir residents will no longer go without medical care because of financial issues. Under the Scheme, all Jammu and Kashmir residents who qualify would receive cashless medical care up to Rs. 5 lakh.
Development Of Healthcare Sector
The healthcare industry in Jammu and Kashmir will grow as a result of the successful implementation of the SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme, and its residents won’t need to go to other cities for medical care. However, if they choose to travel to another city for treatment, residents of Jammu and Kashmir can do so and receive free care up to Rs. 5 lakh at any facility in the nation that is accredited by the Pradhanmantri Jan Arogya Yojana. Beneficiaries must present an E-card to the hospital in order to get free medical care. All beneficiaries will receive e-cards following registration. Out of the 1100 health and wellness centers planned for Jammu and Kashmir, construction on 800 centers has already been completed.
Benefits And Features Of SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme
- Honourable On December 26, 2020, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will introduce this program.
- All recipients would receive cashless health coverage under this program up to Rs. 500,000.
- SEHAT, which stands for “social, endeavor for health and telemedicine,”
- The national government will see to it that the Scheme is carried out smoothly.
- SEHAT cards will be distributed to all beneficiaries under this program.
- To receive cashless care, beneficiaries must present these cards at the hospital.
- Through common service center operators, all Jammu and Kashmir eligible beneficiaries may submit an application for the Scheme.
- For the purpose of implementing the Jammu and Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance, the central government is finalizing the database of inhabitants in the two states.
- Under this program, around 1 crore beneficiaries will be covered.
Eligibility Criteria And Required Documents
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Jammu and Kashmir
- Each Citizen of Jammu Kashmir
- Aadhar card
- Voter ID
- Age proof
- Ration card
- Residence proof
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number