The Yogi administration is in charge of the UP Bijli Sakhi Yojana. Through this program, women are given jobs in the state’s rural districts collecting electricity bills. Running this program in the state has two benefits: first, it makes it easier for rural residents to pay their electricity bills, and second, it gives rural women better employment opportunities. This brings in between 8,000 and 10,000 every month for her. We are going to give you all the pertinent information about the UP Bijli Sakhi Yojana 2023 in depth through this article today.
UP Bijli Sakhi Yojana 2023
Yogi Adityanath, the chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, launched the UP Bijli Sakhi Yojana with the intention of giving employment opportunities to women involved in the state’s self-help organizations and National Livelihood Mission. Through this program, women are given jobs in rural areas by collecting electricity bills door to door. In accordance with this plan, 15310 self-help group members who are women have been chosen. 5395 of them are currently working, and they have collected electricity bills totaling Rs. 625 crore. Volunteers are receiving door-to-door training on meter reading and online bill deposit via the bank app as part of the UP Bijli Sakhi Yojana 2023. Thousands of women in rural communities are currently receiving a better standard of living because to this program.
Progress report of UP Bijli Sakhi Yojana
In accordance with this plan, 15310 women from state-sponsored self-help groups have been chosen to work as employees. In order to enable members of self-help organizations to collect bill payments, UP Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) and the National Rural Livelihood Mission signed an agreement that will be implemented in 75 districts around the state. 73 cluster level unions have been established as an agency on the official portal of Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited under the Bijli Sakhi Yojana UP 2023 in order to collect electricity bills in 75 districts throughout the state. A significant accomplishment of this program is the collection of electricity bills of Rs 625 crore by 5395 active members out of the 15310 women selected in the state. You might infer from this that in the coming time, this scheme is going to be very popular among the citizens of rural areas for depositing bills.
Benefits and features of Uttar Pradesh Bijli Sakhi Yojana
- UP Bijli Sakhi Yojana has been started by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
- Under this scheme, women are provided employment in collecting electricity bills in rural areas.
- Under Bijli Sakhi Yojana 2023, 15310 women members of self-help groups have been selected.
- At present, 5395 women are active under this scheme who have collected electricity bills worth Rs 625 crore from rural areas.
- Under this scheme, selected women will be provided training on the bank app.
- Under the Bijli Sakhi Scheme UP, the women working as Bijli Sakhi till now have received a commission of Rs 9074000.
- Bijli Sakhi is given a commission of ₹ 20 on every bill and 1% commission on deposits of more than Rs 2000.
- Now through this scheme, citizens of rural areas can also pay their electricity bills sitting at home. Due to which they will also get rid of standing in long lines to pay the electricity bill.
- Yogi government’s decision to start Uttar Pradesh Bijli Sakhi Yojana is very commendable because through it thousands of women of the state will get employment.
Eligibility for application under Bijli Sakhi Yojana
- Only women are eligible to apply under this scheme.
- The applicant woman must be a permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh.
- You will be provided the benefits of this scheme only as per the parameters set by the state government.
- Aadhar card
- I Certificate
- PAN card
- caste certificate
- Address proof
- mobile number
- Bank account statement
- passport size photograph