Nitish Kumar, the state’s chief minister, introduced the Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana on October 2, 2016, to give students in the state loans for further education. In accordance with this program, the state government will lend up to Rs 4 lakh to underprivileged Bihar state 12th grade graduates who wish to continue their education. There will be no interest charged to students who borrow money through the Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme.
Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana 2023
The interested beneficiaries of the state who want to apply for higher education under the Student Credit Card Scheme can apply online by visiting the official website of the scheme. To implement the BSCC Scheme 2023, the government also established the Education Finance Corporation, so that this Student Credit Card Scheme can be successfully run in the state. This Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana 2023 was introduced as a measure to encourage the students of the state to pursue higher education in a good effort to increase the gross enrollment ratio of 14.3% to the national average of 24%. Dear friends, today through this article we are going to provide you all the information related to this scheme like application process, eligibility, documents etc.
Objective of Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme
As you know that there are many youth in the state who want to get higher education but are unable to get it due to financial constraints and are deprived of their right direction. In view of this problem, the state government has started providing education to the students. Student Credit Card Scheme has been started for the benefit of students. Under this scheme, the bank will provide loan up to Rs 4 lakh to the students of the state to pursue further education after 12th. Boys and girls studying through BSCC Scheme 2023 will get a chance to grow. Through this scheme, financial assistance is to be provided to the students from the banking system. Through this scheme, students will be successful in getting employment along with higher education.
Benefits of Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme
- Under this scheme, those who have passed their Intermediate / 12th class from the institutions recognized by the Government of Bihar and want to pursue higher education like Graduation, BA, B.Sc etc. then they can get a loan of up to Rs 4 lakh from the government. Will be provided in the form of financial assistance.
- Under Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme 2023, students will not have to pay any interest for taking loan.
- The benefit of this scheme will be to those students of the state who are basically from poor background and eager to complete their higher education.
- This loan will include the fees of educational institutions along with expenses related to food and study material.
- Under this scheme, students of the state will get relief from financial crisis and their standard of living will improve. Students can also apply online to avail the benefits of Bihar Credit Card Scheme.
- Under this scheme, the state government provides education loan up to Rs 4 lakh at 0% interest rate to 10+2 pass out students.
Eligibility for Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Bihar state.
- The educational institution from which the student is studying should be recognized by the relevant regulatory agency of the state or central government.
- Under the Student Credit Card Scheme 2023, students will be given loans for higher education for general courses, technical or professional programs.
- Under this scheme, students of the state should have passed 12th.
Student Credit Card Scheme Documents
- Aadhaar card of the applicant
- PAN card
- 10th and 12th certificate and mark sheet
- Certificate of admission to higher educational institution
- 2 photographs each of the student, parents and guarantor
- Address proof
- family income certificate
- Two photographs of the applicant and his co-applicant
- bank account passbook
- Six months’ statement of parents’ bank account
- mobile number
- Identity card of the applicant (Aadhar Card, Passport, Voter ID Card, Driving License etc.)
Student Credit Card Scheme Course List
- BA, BSc, B Com
- BCA, B.Sc IT, Computer Application, Computer Science
- B.Sc Agriculture
- B.Sc Library Science
- B.Sc, BHMCT, B.Tech, Hotel Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- B.Tech, BE, B.Sc
- B.Sc Nursing
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Mass Communication
- B.Sc in Fashion Technology
- Bachelor of Architecture
- MSc, MTech
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Diploma in Food Processing, Food Production
- Diploma in Food and Beverage Service
- BA, BSc, B.Ed, Integrated Course
- Diploma in Food, Nutrition, Dietetics
- BL, LLB
- B.Tech., BE, (Enrolled in Three Year Diploma in an Institution recognized by State Level Education Council)