The Gruha Lakshmi Yojana was recently announced as being launched by the Congress party in Karnataka in an effort to empower women and advance gender equality. On March 18, 2022, state Congress president D.K. Shivakumar introduced the program, which intends to give financial support to women in the state who are the head of their households. An effort called the Gruha Lakshmi Yojana aims to deal with the financial uncertainty that many women who are the main breadwinners in their households experience. The program provides qualifying women with a monetary incentive of Rs. 2,000 every month for a year. Around 2 lakh women across the state are anticipated to benefit from the program.
Graha Lakshmi Yojana Karnataka 2023 Latest News
The Congress included several youth initiatives, like the Gruha Lakshmi Yojana, in its manifesto for the Karnataka assembly elections this year. The Congress announced this plan in January 2023. The Karnataka government would be established by the Congress after the assembly election results are announced. As a result, the Gruha Lakshmi Yojana will now be available to women in Karnataka. The procedure for completing the registration form will soon begin, after which the eligible women can benefit from it.
Although the Gruhalakshmi application deadline has been delayed, the application process has not yet started. At first, the administration extended the application deadline for the program to July 15, 2023. The deadline for submissions has not yet been set. Women can also apply for this program by mailing their application to the nearest Bapuji Seva Kendra, Nada Kacheri, or Karnataka One Office.
Gruha Lakshmi Yojana Karnataka Start Date
According to a recent update from the government, the Griha Laxmi Yojana of Karnataka, this program will begin on August 17 or 18. Beginning on July 19, applications are being accepted for the same. The first payment is anticipated to arrive after August 15th.
Objectives of Gruha Lakshmi Yojana Karnataka
The following goals are the focus of the Gruha Lakshmi Yojana:
- Empowering housewives: The program’s goal is to give women financial support so they may contribute to their families’ income and better their overall financial situation.
- Reducing poverty: The program is intended to eliminate poverty by giving financial support to families who are having a hard time getting by.
- Promoting gender equality: The program recognizes and rewards housewives for their contributions to their families by giving them financial support.
Benefits of Gruha Lakshmi Yojana Karnataka
The participants of the Gruha Lakshmi Yojana should receive the following advantages:
- Financial support: The program will give housewives money in order to enable them to contribute to their families’ income and enhance their overall financial situation.
- Recognition: The program acknowledges housewives’ contributions to their families and offers them financial assistance, which can help them feel more confident and self-assured.
- Better living conditions: By helping beneficiaries to satisfy their basic needs and afford better healthcare and education for their children, the financial support offered by the program can help beneficiaries’ living conditions.
Gruha Lakshmi scheme amount in Karnataka
The government of Karnataka will be providing Rs. 2,000 every month to the eligible women starting from August 17, 2023.