Many cattle ranchers in the nation are unable to adequately care for their livestock because of financial limitations. They are unable to make much money from their animals as a result. In order to encourage animal husbandry, the Central Government launched the MNREGA Animal Shed Scheme. Cattle ranchers can receive cash help for their livestock through this program. Farmers who raise cattle in the American states of Bihar, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, and Madhya Pradesh will be eligible to take advantage of the MGNREGA Pashu Shed Scheme. Farmers’ methods for caring for their animals will be improved thanks to this program. As a result, the government will finance improved animal maintenance and the construction of a cow shed.
MNREGA Pashu Shed Yojana 2023
MNREGA Animal Shed Scheme has been started by the Central Government in the state of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab. Through this scheme, the Central Government will provide financial assistance to animal husbandry and farmers to build better cowsheds for the maintenance of animals on private land. The Central Government will provide financial assistance of Rs 75 thousand to Rs 80 thousand if the cattle rearer has three animals. If there are more than three animals, the benefit of financial assistance up to Rs 1 lakh 16 thousand will be given by the Central Government under MGNREGA Pashu Shed Yojana. Apart from this, financial assistance of Rs 1 lakh 60 thousand will be provided to those cattle farmers who have more animals. The assistance amount can be used for construction of animal shed along with construction of floor, ventilated roof and union tank and other facilities for animals.
Small animal husbandry farmers living in rural areas can especially get the benefits of this scheme. Under this scheme, only those cattle rearers who have MNREGA card can apply for benefits . Animal husbandry sector will get a boost through MNREGA Animal Shed Scheme. Also new employment opportunities will become available.
Objective of MGNREGA Pashu Shed Scheme
The main objective of launching MNREGA Animal Shed Scheme by the Central Government is to promote animal husbandry and to provide financial assistance to the animal husbandry to construct shed on their private land. So that by getting financial assistance, the animals can be taken better care of and the income of the cattle farmers can increase. At present, this scheme has been started by the Central Government only in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab. After successful implementation, this scheme will be implemented in all the states of the country. So that instead of giving direct financial assistance to the farmers, sheds can be constructed under the supervision of MNREGA. A cattle rearer rearing at least 2 animals will be able to avail the benefit of this scheme.
Benefits and features of MGNREGA Pashu Shed Yojana
- MNREGA Animal Shed Scheme has just been started by the Central Government for the cattle rearers living in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh and Punjab.
- After successful implementation of this scheme, it will soon be implemented in other states.
- Under MNREGA Pashu Shed Yojana, cow, buffalo, goat, and poultry cattle rearers can avail the benefits of the scheme.
- Financial assistance of Rs 75,000 will be provided to cattle farmers for construction of floor, shed, trough, urinal tank etc. on their private land for living of animals.
- If the animal husbandry has 4 animals then they will be provided financial assistance up to Rs 1 lakh 16 thousand.
- If the applicant cattle owner has more than 4 animals, then he will be provided financial assistance of Rs 1 lakh 60 thousand under the Animal Shed Scheme.
- By getting assistance through MNREGA Animal Shed Scheme, cattle rearers will be able to take good care of their animals. Due to which their income will increase.
- Employment opportunities will be available in rural areas through MGNREGA Pashu Shed Yojana. Poor, widowed women, labourers, unemployed youth etc. in rural areas can take the benefit of this scheme and start animal husbandry business.
- To avail the benefits of this scheme, the applicant must have at least 3 animals.
Eligibility for MNREGA Animal Shed Scheme
- Under MGNREGA Pashu Shed Yojana, permanent cattle farmers of Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Punjab states will be eligible to apply.
- Animal farmers living in small villages and cities can apply under MNREGA Animal Shed Scheme.
- Under this scheme, job card holders included in the MNREGA job card list will also be eligible to apply.
- Under this scheme, the applicant should have a minimum number of animals of 3 or more.
- Farmers doing animal husbandry business will also be eligible for MANREGA Pashu Shed Yojana.
- Youth leaving jobs in cities and coming to villages in search of jobs will also be eligible for this scheme.
Documents required for MGNREGA Pashu Shed Yojana
- Aadhar card
- Address proof
- MNREGA job card
- Bank account statement
- passport size photo
- mobile number