Keeping in mind green mobility and climate change, the use of electric vehicles is being promoted by the government. For this, PM E Bus Service Scheme is being implemented by the Central Government. For which PM E Bus Seva Yojana has been approved in the cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Through this scheme, 10,000 electric buses will be operated across the country. Now under this scheme, 10,000 electric buses will run on the roads across the country. 45000 to 55000 people will get employment through PM e-bus service. This scheme will not only provide convenience to the people but will also increase employment in the country . If you want to get more information related to PM e-Bus Seva Yojana, then you will have to read this article in detail till the end.
What is PM e-Bus Seva?
Focusing on the use of electric vehicles in public transport service, the Union Cabinet has approved the PM E Bus Seva Scheme on 16 August 2023. Through this scheme, the use of electric vehicles in the country will be encouraged by the Central Government. Under PM-E Bus Seva Yojana, the government has approved to spend Rs 57,613 crore under which 10,000 electric buses will be operated across the country. Apart from this, under the Green Urban Mobility Initiative, along with rapid bus transport, bike sharing and cycle lanes will also be created across the country. So that the use of all vehicles can be encouraged.
Union Minister Anurag Thakur has said that out of Rs 57,613 crore to be spent for PM e-Bus Seva Yojana, the Central Government will give Rs 20,000 crore. The remaining amount will be paid by the state governments. With the implementation of this scheme, the use of electric vehicles will be encouraged across the country. Also people will be able to get employment.
Benefits and features of PM-E Bus Service Scheme
- The estimated cost under PM e-Bus Seva Yojana will be Rs 57,613 crore. Out of which Rs 20,000 crore will be provided by the Central Government.
- The plan is to support bus operations for 10 years. Due to which the operation of electric buses in the country will reduce carbon emissions.
- Cities with population of 3 lakh and above will be covered under this scheme.
- All capital cities of UTS, NE region and hill states will be covered under PM-e Bus Seva Scheme. Cities without organized bus service will be given priority.
- Under this scheme, bus operators in 169 cities will be improved. Along with this, the government will also operate e-buses in 181 new cities, through which the central government will provide all the facilities through the state government under Green Animation.
- Subsidy will be given by the Central Government through the State Government while the operation and supervision of the entire work will be the responsibility of the State Government.
- Under this scheme, city bus operators will be provided with about 10,000 new electric buses across the country. For which 169 cities will be selected.
- This scheme with Public Private Partnership mode will run till 2037.
- Through this scheme, 55,000 people can be provided direct employment.
- This scheme will encourage the use of electric vehicles in the country. Due to which the environment will also be safe.
Eligibility for PM e-Bus Seva
- To avail the benefits of PM E Bus Seva Yojana, the applicant must be a citizen of India.
- To apply under this scheme, the candidate must have a driving license.
- The applicant should have knowledge about routes and transport rules.
Documents required for PM – e bus service _
- Aadhar card
- identity card
- I Certificate
- age certificate
- Address proof
- mobile number
- Bank account statement
- passport size photo