On September 17, 2023, Vishwakarma Jayanti, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the PM Vishwakarma Yojana to develop the talents of members of the Vishwakarma community. On the occasion of Independence Day this year, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the commencement of this program. This was also mentioned in the Union Budget release. The government will support traditional craftsmen and artisans financially through the PM Vishwakarma Yojana, also known as the Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana. Through this program, people connected to 18 traditional businesses will gain. The participants of this program will receive updated training in addition to cash aid.
If you belong to Vishwakarma community and want to avail the benefits of the scheme, then you will have to apply under this scheme. To get more information related to Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana, you will have to read this article in detail till the end. Because today we will provide you complete information related to PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023 through this article.
PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023
PM Vishwakarma Yojana has been launched by the Prime Minister of the country Narendra Modi on 17 September 2023 on the occasion of Vishwakarma Jayanti. The full name of PM Vishwakarma Yojana is PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana. Through this scheme, benefits will be given to all those people who come under Vishwakarma community. Under this scheme, the government will provide financial assistance of Rs 15,000 to traditional artisans and craftsmen belonging to the Vishwakarma community to purchase tool kits. Apart from this, the beneficiaries will also be given training by the government. A grant of Rs 500 will also be given to the beneficiaries per day during the training. This scheme will help the people of Vishwakarma community to increase the employment rate and reduce the unemployment rate.
To avail the benefits of PM Vishwakarma Yojana, the beneficiary will have to register on the official website of PM Vishwakarma Portal. Only after this they will be able to get the benefits of the scheme.
Objective of Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the PM Vishwakarma Yojana with the primary goal of giving financial support to the craftsmen and artisans working on traditional crafts. so that they can effectively sell their goods and services. In addition to a 5% interest loan of up to Rs 3 lakh given in two installments through this program, the beneficiary would receive an incentive payment of Rs 15,000 for acquiring a tool kit. Therefore, by offering financial support to craftsmen and artisans, their standard of living and income can be raised.
These people will get benefits under PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023
Artisans and craftsmen in rural urban areas of India will be provided assistance through PM Vishwakarma Yojana. 18 traditional businesses have been included under this scheme.
- hammer and toolkit manufacturer
- Raj Mistri
- Daliya makers
- carpet maker
- broom maker
- traditional doll and toy makers
- fish trappers
- boat builders
- weapon makers
Benefits under PM Vishwakarma Yojana _ _ _
- The workers and craftsmen of the country will get many benefits through PM Vishwakarma Yojana.
- All castes having Vishwakarma community ties like blacksmiths, potters, barbers, fishermen, washermen, cobblers, tailors etc. will get the benefit.
- Under this scheme, skill training will be given which will be related to basic and advanced training.
- Training will be given to such people who want to start their own employment.
- To identify the beneficiary, they will also be given training certificate and ID card. So that the beneficiaries can be identified.
- Under this scheme, a tool kit worth Rs 15,000 will be given as incentive.
- Collateral free enterprise development loan will also be given under PM Vishwakarma Yojana, which will be given in two installments, the first installment of Rs 1 lakh will be given for repayment of 18 months, apart from this, the second installment of loan up to Rs 2 lakh will be given for repayment of 30 months.
- The government will also provide marketing support to the artisans under this scheme.
- For this, services like National Committee for Marketing Quality Certification, branding and promotion, e-commerce linkage, trade fair ad, ideas on marketing activities will also be provided.
- By getting financial assistance through this scheme, the employment rate will increase and the unemployment rate will decrease.
- By getting the benefit of training, people of Vishwakarma community will be able to earn good money which will improve their economic condition.
- To avail the benefits of PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana, the candidate will have to register online.
Eligibility for PM Vishwakarma Yojana
- Only residents of India will be eligible to apply under PM Vishwakarma Yojana.
- In this scheme, 140 castes falling under Vishwakarma community will be eligible to apply.
- All artisans and craftsmen of the country will be eligible to register under PM Vishwakarma.
- People working in government service will not be eligible to apply under this scheme.
- Candidates availing the benefit of credit based scheme of any other state government or central government will not be eligible for this scheme.
- The applicant’s bank account should be linked to Aadhar card .
- Only one member of a family can apply under this scheme.
Required documents for PM Vishwakarma Yojana
- Aadhar card
- Ration card
- Address proof
- caste certificate
- Bank account statement
- passport size photo
- mobile number
- email id