Due to their poor financial situation, many inhabitants of the nation are still unable to construct their own homes or have their existing homes restored. The Central Government has introduced the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana for all such persons. The Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana was introduced by our nation’s Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, in 2015. Through this program, residents of rural areas receive financial aid for home construction and repair. For similar land, this financial help is worth $120,000, and for hilly places, it’s worth $130,000. Application online at pmayg.nic.inThe official website for it is You will be given entire information about the PMAY Gramin Awas Yojana through this post.
Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana (PMAYG) 2023
The total cost to be incurred under this scheme is Rs 130075 crore. The total cost to be incurred under PMAY Gramin is to be shared between the Central Government and the State Government in the ratio of 60:40 in the areas and 90:10 for the hilly areas. Is to be done. Under Gramin Awas Yojana 2023, the work of construction of permanent houses in rural areas will be completed by the year 2022. Under PMAY Gramin, the amount given to the weaker section of the society for constructing permanent houses will be transferred directly to the bank account of the beneficiary.
Prime Minister Rural Housing Scheme extended for 3 years
On December 8, the Union Cabinet has approved the continuation of Gramin Awas Yojana for the next 3 years. This information has been provided by Union Minister Anurag Thakur through a media briefing. Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana has been extended from March to March 2024. Now the remaining eligible citizens living in rural areas will be able to get a permanent house through this scheme. After expanding this scheme, the remaining 155.75 lakh houses will be constructed. Which will help in achieving the target of construction of 2.95 crore houses. Rs 198581 crore will be spent by the government in the construction of 155.75 lakh houses.
Objective of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana
People of economically weaker sections living in the rural areas of our country, who want to build their own permanent house but are unable to do so due to weak financial condition, but now under the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana 2023, the people of the weaker sections of the rural areas Providing financial assistance by the Government of India to build their own pucca house and realizing the dream of poor people to build their own pucca house. Besides, an assistance of Rs 12,000 will also be given for constructing a permanent toilet .
Beneficiaries of Gramin Awas Yojana
- economically weaker section
- women of any caste or religion
- middle class 1
- Middle class 2
- scheduled caste
- scheduled tribe
- low income people
Features of Rural Housing Scheme PM 2023
- Under this scheme, financial assistance will be provided for construction of 1 crore houses.
- Under the Rural Housing Scheme 2023, the space for housing construction will be increased from 20 square meters to 25 square meters, which also includes the area for kitchen.
- Under this scheme, the unit assistance in plain areas is Rs 1.20 lakh and the unit assistance in hilly areas is Rs 1.30 lakh.
- The total cost of this scheme is Rs 1,30,075 crore which will be borne by the Central Government and State Governments in the ratio of 60:40.
- The determination of families in rural areas will be done on the basis of SECC 2011 data.
- The classification of inaccessible areas in a state will have to be done by the state governments. Such classification will be done on the basis of existing classification in the State under any other provision and using criteria based methodology.
- Himachal State – Jammu Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand will also be included in this category.
Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana :Eligibility
- The applicant must be an Indian resident.
- Under PM Gramin Awas Yojana 2023, such families should not have any adult member in the age group of 16 to 59 years.
- Female headed households which should not have any adult member in the age group of 16 to 59 years.
- Such families should not have any literate adult member above 25 years of age.