As you are all aware, the Indian government has begun implementing a national education policy. To ensure that this policy is implemented successfully, the government is launching additional initiatives. Today, we’ll give you all the pertinent details about the STARS Scheme, one such program. You may learn everything you need to know about the Stars Scheme, including what it is and all of its features, benefits, and purposes, by reading this article. So, friends, if you want to learn more about this program, please read our essay through to the finish.
Stars Scheme 2023
The Central Government launched the Stars Scheme. through which the federal government hopes to improve state education, learning, and quality. This program will be put into action as centrally supported programs. Under the STARS Scheme, a National Assessment Center, PARAKH, will also be established as a stand-alone institution. The Ministry of Education will be responsible for carrying out this plan. The Central Government has allocated Rs 5717 crore for the effective implementation of the STARS programmes. The World Bank will contribute $3700 crore to this sum as well.
Objective of STARS Scheme 2023
The advancement of education is the fundamental goal of Stars Yojana 2023. Under the Stars Scheme, schools will be renovated. In accordance with this plan, States will receive assistance with the creation, implementation, evaluation, etc. of actions that have clear connections. Under this plan, teaching, learning, and measurement will be strengthened. Through Stars Yojana 2023, the method for evaluating teachers will also be improved. in order to prevent obstacles from impeding the child’s education.
Benefits and features of STARS Scheme 2023
- Through this plan, teaching-learning and measurement will be reinforced.
- Under this plan, a National Assessment Center will also be established as a standalone organization.
- The Ministry of Education oversees the STARS program.
- The government set a budget of 5717 crore for this program. Out of which the World Bank will contribute Rs. 3700 crore.
- The implementation of this plan will advance the sector of education.
- From the STARS Yojana 2023, schools will be enhanced.
- Through this plan, the mechanism for evaluating teachers will also get better.
- Six states—Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala, and Orissa—are currently implementing this program.
- A component of the Self-reliant India initiative is the STARS scheme.
- The new education policy has begun with the Stars Scheme 2023.
- The plan to remove obstacles to education also includes a contingency reaction element.
- The program will improve both early childhood education and fundamental education.
States covered under Stars Scheme 2023
At present the following states are included under the STARS scheme;-
- Himachal Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
Central government will start ADB funded projects like STARS scheme in five states which are Tamil Nadu, Uttarakhand, Gujarat, Jharkhand and Assam.