In order to give rural women in the state of Uttar Pradesh work opportunities, the state government launched a program at the Gram Panchayat level. UP Jal Sakhi Yojana is the name of the program. Through this program, women and girls who have completed grades 10 and 12 will be assigned the task of distributing and collecting water bills. In accordance with their qualifications, they would additionally receive a maximum wage of Rs 6000 for this task. Women in the state’s rural districts who wish to participate in the UP Jal Sakhi Scheme should speak with the local self-help organization and submit an application.
Come learn how to apply for the UP Jal Sakhi Yojana 2023 with us. In addition to this, we are going to provide you every important information related to this scheme through this article.
UP Jal Sakhi Yojana 2023
The Central Government’s Har Ghar Nal Yojana has launched the Jal Sakhi Yojana. Women would be appointed as Jal Sakhis under this program at every Gram Panchayat level to handle tasks relating to the distribution, payment, and recovery of water bills under the Har Ghar Nal Yojana. The Gram Panchayat’s women’s self-help group will efficiently run this program. Approximately 20000 women and girls from the state would be appointed as Jal Sakhis in the first phase of the UP Jal Sakhi Yojana 2023. wherein ladies connected through women’s self-help groups will be given precedence. Poor women in Uttar Pradesh’s rural communities would be able to find employment thanks to this program. She will consequently become economically successful.
Objective of Jal Sakhi Scheme
The Uttar Pradesh government has agreed to place a Jal Sakhi to bill and collect tap connection bills in every Gram Panchayat as part of the Har Ghar Nal Yojana. which the Jal Sakhi scheme was initiated. Through this program, village women will be able to find greater career opportunities while simultaneously helping the government pay water bills on time. The primary goal of the Uttar Pradesh Government’s UP Jal Sakhi Yojana 2023 is to provide rural women and girls who have completed grades 10 and 12 with employment opportunities. so that low-income women can enroll in this program, earn 6,000 each month, and adequately sustain their families.
Some important points related to Jal Sakhi Yojana 2023
- Uttar Pradesh Government has started Jal Sakhi Scheme under the Har Ghar Nal Scheme run by the Central Government.
- Under this scheme, work related to bill payment, details and recovery of all water connections under Har Ghar Nal Yojana will be done through women.
- Under UP Jal Sakhi Yojana 2023, 20,000 women will be appointed as Jal Sakhi in the first phase at the Gram Panchayat level.
- This scheme will be smoothly operated by women self-help groups formed at the Gram Panchayat level.
- Women associated through self-help groups will be given first priority in this scheme.
- There is also a provision to give a salary of ₹ 6000 every month to the selected women under the scheme.
- Interested women who want to submit their application under UP Jal Sakhi Scheme 2023 can apply under the scheme by contacting the self-help group of their Gram Panchayat.
Eligibility Criteria under UP Jal Sakhi Yojana
- Only women/girls are eligible to apply under this scheme.
- It is mandatory for the applicant to be a native of Uttar Pradesh.
- Only women who have passed 10th and 12th class are eligible to avail the benefits of this scheme.
Jal Sakhi Recruitment Required Documents
- Aadhar card
- Address proof
- I Certificate
- 10th/12th class mark sheet
- mobile number
- Bank account statement
- passport size photograph