Indira Gandhi Free Smart Phone Yojana has been launched by the Rajasthan government to empower and digitally literate the women of the state. Through this scheme, women and daughters of Rajasthan will be given free smartphones . The scheme was announced in the Chief Minister’s budget announcement to provide smartphones with internet connectivity to the female head of the Chiranjeevi family. Indira Gandhi Smartphone Yojana will be launched on 10 August 2023. Under this scheme, smartphones will be given to the women of Chiranjeevi family including girls studying in class 9th to 12th and college. If you are also a woman and daughter of Rajasthan, then you can apply to avail the benefits of this scheme and get a free smartphone.
Indira Gandhi Free Smartphone Yojana 2023
Indira Gandhi Smartphone Yojana has been started by Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot to provide smartphone internet connectivity to the female head of the Chiranjeevi family. Under this scheme, smartphones will be given to the women of Chiranjeevi family including girls studying in class 9th to 12th and college and other higher level classes. This scheme will be implemented by the Rajasthan government from August 10, 2023. By getting mobile, the digital knowledge of the girl students will increase and the girls coming from far away places to study will get security because there will be mobile connectivity from their home to the school. Along with the mobile phone provided under this scheme, 3 years of free internet will also be available.
Camps will be organized by the government in different phases regarding mobile distribution. Smartphones will be given to more than 1 crore 30 lakh women and daughters by the Rajasthan government. Smart phones with SIM data connectivity will be made available to the beneficiaries through private and government companies and mobile phone companies providing telecom services. Under the government scheme, smartphones will be distributed by organizing camps from April 10 in the first phase at the district and block level.
Objective of Indira Gandhi Free Smartphone Yojana
The main objective of launching Indira Gandhi Smartphone Scheme by the Rajasthan Government is to make the mothers, sisters and daughters of the state digitally literate so that they can take benefits of various schemes run by the government and can also do their banking work themselves. Women and girls will be able to become self-reliant by getting free smartphones.
Benefits and features of Indira Gandhi Free Smartphone Yojana 2023
- Under Indira Gandhi Free Smartphone Scheme, women and girl students of the state will be given benefits.
- Smartphones will be given to more than 1 crore 30 lakh women and daughters by the Rajasthan government.
- In the first phase of this scheme, 40 lakh women will get 3 years of free internet data as well as smart phones.
- Under this scheme, the Rajasthan government will provide smartphones to the beneficiary women through mobile phone companies of private and government companies providing telecom services.
- Rs 6,800 will be given by the government to the companies for purchasing mobile phones.
- Apart from this, Rs 675 will be given for data recharge for 9 months.
- On purchasing a mobile, the amount fixed by the government will be transferred to the mobile company account.
- If the mobile is purchased for more than the amount prescribed by the government, the beneficiary will have to pay the additional amount.
- Widows and families from government schools will be given priority under this scheme.
- Widows and most of the women working in MNREGA will benefit from this scheme.
- Under this scheme, camps will be organized in different phases for mobile distribution.
- Girl students will be able to gain digital knowledge through Indira Gandhi Free Smartphone Yojana.
- Apart from this, mobile connectivity will be maintained from home to school.
- Women will be able to become empowered and self-reliant by getting free smartphones.
- Now women will not need to go anywhere to get information related to any scheme, so they will be able to get all the information through mobile only.
Eligibility for Indira Gandhi Free Smartphone Scheme _
- To avail the benefits of Indira Gandhi Free Smartphone Scheme, the applicant must be a native of Rajasthan.
- Only women and girl students of the state will be eligible for this scheme.
- Women heads of Chiranjeevi family will be eligible for this scheme.
- Girls studying in classes 9th to 12th and college and higher education level classes will also be eligible to avail the benefits of smartphones.
- Women receiving widow/single woman pension, female heads of families who have completed 100 working days under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural and Urban Employment Guarantee Scheme will also be included in this scheme.