The Kanya Sumangala Yojana of Uttar Pradesh is one of the many programs the government has started to take up the responsibility of the nation’s daughters. The government provides Rs 15,000 per daughter under this program from the time of birth to the time of her marriage and schooling. They will receive this sum of Rs 15,000 over the course of 6 installments. Which families are receiving the benefit of this program and how are they receiving it? We’ve provided this information in this article today. The beneficiary will also be informed of the date and sum they will receive under this program.
What is Kanya Sumangala Yojana (Kanya Sumangala Yojana Kya hai)
As we are informing you, the Uttar Pradesh government’s Kanya Sumangala Yojana has been launched to offer financial support to daughters from birth until their education and marriage. Its unique feature is that the beneficiary’s family simply needs to spend Rs. 10 to take advantage of the program’s benefits. And the government will assume duty up until his daughter’s wedding. For this program, the government has allocated Rs 1200 crore in funding. A media report states that as of today, 9.36 lakh beneficiary daughters have taken use of this program. And it is anticipated that this number will rise in the near future.
Installment money in Kanya Sumangala Yojana
From the recipient daughter’s birth to her schooling and marriage, the family of the daughter receives financial support of Rs 15,000 under this program. They will receive this money in 6 payments.
- As soon as the daughter is born, the first payment of Rs 2,000 is made.
- Giving the second installment of Rs 2,000 is required to enroll in the school.
- The third payment of Rs 2,000 is made upon acceptance into a secondary school.
- The fourth installment, which is given at the time of high school acceptance, is Rs. 3,000 after this.
- The fifth installment of Rs 5,000 will then be given for the daughter’s graduation.
- The sixth installment will be paid for the daughter’s marriage or if she chooses to pursue higher education once she turns 21.
Kanya Sumangala Yojana Eligibility, Age Limit
- Daughters who were born in Uttar Pradesh after April 1, 2019, will be eligible for this program’s benefits. implies that the beneficiary household must reside in Uttar Pradesh.
- The daughter’s family’s yearly income shouldn’t be more than Rs 3 lakh.
- This program will help the beneficiary’s family’s two girls. If the second child is a twin daughter but the first child is a son or a daughter, he will be eligible for this program.
Documents for Kanya Sumangala Yojana
To avail the benefits of this scheme, the beneficiary should have Aadhar card, ration card, income certificate, bank account, residence certificate, mobile number, passport size photo etc.